Picture shows Scarborough’s Foreshore Road and Grand Restaurant which was built in 1871 and was independent to the Grand Hotel.
The restaurant which was over 100 feet long also incorporated a roller skating rink. A picture house opened in the building in the summer of 1914 but was badly damaged during the German bombardment later that year in December 1914.
The building reopened in 1919. The picture house was still operating in 1944 but closed in 1947.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-170227-091120050.