In this picture of Edwardian folk at leisure the extent of Scarborough’s North Bay promenade can be seen as the straight edge of concrete paving meets the sand.
The promenade was extended northwards in 1925 as far as the bulge where Peasholm Dale met the shore.
Dominating the skyline in the distance is the Clifton Hotel.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-161114-103226050.