Early view of the Cliff Bridge and toll entrance on St Nicholas Cliff. The footbridge today is largely in its original condition.
The iron for the bridge was cast in Bradford and the stone was quarried locally at Cloughton. The bridge first opened to the public in July 1827.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-181106-094302050.