Scarborough’s North Bay pictured in the 1880s

editorial image

A view of Scarborough’s North Bay in the 1888s before the construction of Royal Albert Drive which opened in 1890.

The carriage road eventually linked up Peasholm Gap with the area in the foreground of the picture which shows the entrance to North Bay Pier at the bottom of Albert Road commonly known as ‘Chain Hill’.

Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.

For reprints telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-181009-125106050.