What a joke Scarborough Council is.
They administer Futurist in a shambolic fashion - the decision may be right but the handling was a disaster.
Then they mishandle the South Cliff Bowling Club ‘sale’.
My family visited tennis competitions and the bowls club in 1920s-1960s, with friends and workmates from British Rail, working men’s club etc.
An unsecured loan (£9 million) to Benchmark Leisure (Private Eye) is embarrassing. Do they ever work in accordance with the Nolan Principles of public life?
1. Selflessness - Holders of public office should act solely in terms of the public interest
2. Integrity - Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence them in their work
3. Objectivity - Holders of public office must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without bias
4. Accountability - Holders of public office are accountable to the public for their decisions and actions and must submit themselves to the scrutiny necessary to ensure this
5. Openness - Holders of public office should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner. Information should not be withheld from the public unless there are clear and lawful reasons for so doing
6. Honesty - Holders of public office should be truthful.
7. Leadership - Holders of public office should exhibit these principles in their own behaviour.