Pictured on Foreshore Road close to the bottom of Blands Cliff is the lifeboat Edward and Lucille possibly on the day of her arrival in town.
The Edward amd Lucille had a temporary but successful stay in Scarborough she was on station from 1901 to 1902 and saved 16 lives. She succeeded the Queensbury II and was replaced by a third Queensbury in 1902.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-160509-134627050.