Pictured coming into harbour full of day trippers is the steam excursion ship, Bilsdale.
The Bilsdale arrived in 1924 and operated from Scarborough until 1934. She had been built as the Lord Roberts at Preston in 1900, and spent most of her career at Great Yarmouth. At Scarborough she was owned by the Crosthwaite Steamship Company of Middlesbrough and could carry 386 passengers.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-160826-135824050.