Double success for Scalby under-10s

editorial image

On Saturday, Scalby under-10s secured a 4-0 win at Holt with Max McNiven scoring all four for the the visitors.

In the friendly fixture, Scalby eased to a 9-0 win, with McNiven scoring twice, and braces from Reuben Staveley and Jake Reeves, with Liam Coulson, Connor Avison and, with his first goal for the club, Kobe Ireland.

Twenty-four hours later, Scalby produced one of their best displays of the season at Hunmanby with a 3-0 win.

Good skills by McNiven on the halfway line, followed by a sublime through ball to Reuben Staveley led to him slotting past the advancing Hunmanby goal keeper.

The second goal came from a Liam Coulson corner, a Hunmanby defender headed it clear and the ball fell to Reeves who lobbed the keeper from 25 yards.

In the second half, Scalby dominated with Avison and Ted Edwards in superb form at the back and Jay Halton getting very limited touches of the ball in the Scalby net.

Halfway through the second half Scalby made it 3-0, after fine work done the right flank by man of the match Reeves led to a cross finding Staveley unmarked at the far post to tap home.

Looking to make up some missed games, Cayton also played two matches.

First up on Saturday were Hunmanby and with the pitch and conditions perfect both teams played some good football.

It wasn’t until five minutes before half-time that the deadlock was broken after a goalmouth scramble found the back of the visitors’ net off a deflection.

Hunmanby came out for the second half determined and tested the home keeper several times.

Five minutes before time another Hunmanby attack forced a sharp save down to his left from keeper Ben Chamberlain, the ball found its way out to Ryan Morrison outside the area who fired home to earn a 1-1 draw.

On Sunday, Cayton travelled to Scalby Stags and looked to attack from the off but for the first half found the home side defence resolute and the keeper in outstanding form as he saved well from strikers Oliver Plant, Jack Drydale and Oliver Wilson.

Cayton upped their work-rate in the second half and were rewarded five minutes in as Wilson calmly struck from the right-hand side.

Cayton continued to press but the Stags keeper and defence kept them out with a strong defensive display and the match finished 1-0.

Thornton Dale under-13s continued their impressive league form with a 2-1 win at home against Scalby.

Thornton conceded within a minute of kick-off after a mix up in defence, however they soon came into the game and Harvey D’Alquen equalised just before half-time.

The game could have gone either way in the second-half, but for a touch of class from D’Alquen again chipping the Scalby keeper from the edge of the box to secure the victory.

Hunmanby under-nines earned a 2-0 home win against Kirkbymoorside.

Kobie Mainprize was given his chance out on the right for Hunmanby and he relished his opportunity with a solid first-half display.

Charlie Wright had a couple of chances before a long crossfield pass from Jack Grimwood found Jake Jordan with only the keeper to beat but unfortunately he failed to hit the target.

Just before half-time, a cross from Wright was met by Grimwood whose shot was parried by the keeper only to fall at the feet of Wright, who nettedfrom a tight angle.

Dylan Barnett replaced Mainprize for the second half which continued in much the same vein as the first.

As the half wore on, Kirkby pressed and caused a few anxious moments in Hunmanby defence.

Then, from a Jordan throw just inside his opponents half Barnett took the ball on, his effort was blocked by the keeper only for the loose ball to fall back to the midfielder who side-footed it in off the far post to make it 2-0.

Scholes Park Raiders and heslerton shared the spoils in a battling 1-1 draw.

Raiders took the lead in the first half when Ethan Daley-Smith converted Chris Fenton’s long throw.

A strong of fine saves by Heslerton keeper Sam Owen denied Raiders further goals, and Heslerton earned a draw after the break with a 20-yard strike from Brad Spiller.

Striker Finley Wilson and defender Oliver Heskith both shone for Raiders.

Hunmanby under-14s lost out 4-2 at home to Cayton.

The visitors had most of the possession in the early stages, although Hunmanby defended very well .

As the game progressed Hunmanby started to get a few chances of their own and in a breakaway effort Tom Crawford showed persistence and battled well to put the ball in the net to make it 1-0.

Cayton managed to equalise in the last few minutes of the first half.

Hunmanby replied with a great corner from Crawford which found its way into the net to go 2-1 up, but the visitors soon replied.

Both teams worked hard but Cayton got two goals late on to seal the win.

Pickering Town under-11s played a double-header against Flixton.

In the first game, Pickering started brightly and went 1-0 up when Jordan Anderson finished well after a neat through-ball from Owen Ellis.

Flixton fought back and were soon level.

The villagers took the lead early in the second half with a tremendous strike. Anderson levelled from the spot for Pickering late on.

In the second fixture Flixton deservedly won 3-0 despite Matty Ridley in the Town goal making several good saves.

Over the games Luke Shepherd and George Ridler starred for Pickering.