SATURDAY DIV 3: Scalby fight back for win at Newlands

Saturday League division three
Saturday League division three

A Taylor Jordan hat-trick helped Scalby Reserves fight back from 2-0 down to win 6-4 at Newlands Reserves in their Division Three clash.

The home side raced out of the blocks to lead 2-0 after only three minutes but Paul Nuttall headed in a first goal for Scalby from a Matty Turner corner on 15 minutes to give Andy Thorpe's side hope.

Five minutes later Newlands restored their two-goal cushion, but youngsters Brandon Catherall and Jordan netted to make it all-square at the interval.

Jordan then struck again early in the second half and sub Josh Bowmaker added a fifth before Jordan completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot.

Newlands were given late hope by an own goal from sub Jacob Monkman, but Scalby had done enough to seal the win.

Nuttall was named as man of the match for Scalby, who maintained their 100 per cent record.

Edgehill Reserves claimed the club's bragging rights in their game at Edgehill 3rds after earning a 5-1 win.

Stalwart Andy Noon netted two goals for the victors, with 16-year-old Robbie Scarborough, Ryan Link and Carl Hepples also on target.

Mike Hernandez, a summer signing from Commercial, was the Reserves' man of the match for a strong show at centre-back.

Filey Town Reserves bounced back from their opening-day defeat with a 7-2 home win against Ayton Reserves.

The villagers started strongly but missed several clear chances in the first 15 minutes and Town made them pay, debutant Mark McNulty banging in two goals against the run of play.

Chris Milburn pulled a goal back for Ayton with a powerful shot but within seconds Toiwn restored their two-goal lead with the impressive Aaron Howard racing down the right wing and beating two defenders before slotting his shot home.

After the interval Ayton spurned several more chances to get back into the game, and McNulty completed his hat-trick on the hour to effectively seal the win, his brother Luke, who was also playing in his first Town game, added a fifth soon after.

Nicko Dunn's deflected goal lifted Ayton's spirits with 12 minutes left, but 16-year-old Harry Keary and Max Gage hit a goal apiece against a tiring Ayton side to compound the visitors' misery.

Ben Owram, another new signing, who had earlier stopped a certain goal with a cracking low save pulled off an amazing save to force a Dan Brailsford header onto the bar.

Owram was named as man of the match by Town boss Dan Kempson, while Ayton player-boss Steven Frederiksen singled out central midfielder Nicko Dunn as their star man.

West Pier Reserves claimed a fine 3-1 home win against Seamer Sports Reserves to keep up their fine start to the season.

Zak Hansen opened the scoring for Johnny McGough's home side with a cracking 25-yard shot into the top corner and Hansen made it 2-0 before the break.

Nick Hegarty scored to bring Seamer back into the game, the visitors having the majority of possession but failing to turn it into clear shooting chances.

Pier then sent on three young subs, Macauley Young, Brad Atkinson and William Atkinson-Smith, and this trio, along with fellow sub Jason Prosser, helped the home side step up a gear and they secured the win with a Rich Tolliday effort.

Centre-back Lee Bewick was named as man of the match for Craig Love's Seamer Reserves, while Mikey Anderson was the star man for the hosts.