Super-sub Kye sparkles in win

Kye Eastwood put in a superb super sub performance as Eastfield ran out 6-1 winners at home to Seamer.

Eastfield were in the mood from the start, and straight from the kick-off Cailum Webster and Benny Davis combined well for Jordan Herbert to lob the keeper to give the home team the lead.

Not to be outdone, Seamer kicked off for the restart and deservedly levelled within two minutes.

Then it became all Eastfield as the visitors struggled to cope. Davis cleverly netted to give Eastfield the lead before minutes later a quick thinking free-kick from Webster saw Herbert free to pick his spot.

Eastwood entered the fray, and was involved immediately, breaking up Seamer threats and opening up further opportunities which were ably dealt with by the Seamer keeper.

The visitors briefly threatened, but Lee Issac and Bradley England held firm, as overlapping full-backs George Hirst and Brad-Lee Craggs launched counter-attacks.

Second-half action saw Davis race past defender Arron Wignall to have a cross-shot deceive Seamer and increase the lead.

Minutes later Davis netted his hat-trick after great work from Alex Varley and Jordan Salt. Kieron Lilly latched onto a fine through-ball from Eastwood to smash a superb sixth.

Elliot Draper, replacing Kian Drury in the Eastfield goal, pulled off a great save from a sporadic Seamer attack, but Liam Mainprize shut up shop to make sure the home team contained its lead.

Issac was unluckly not to net the lucky seventh, hitting the post, as Matty Drury’s charges consolidated pole position.

Cayton fought back with two late goals to snatch a 2-2 draw at home to Burlington.

An entertaining goalless first half saw Cayton creating the better of the chances but unable to convert any of them, with Jakob Davies and Harrison Roberts-Lightowler unlucky not to net.

The second half continued in much the same way, Ben Atkinson twice nearly giving the hosts the lead with a couple of long-range efforts, one of which flew back off the upright.

It was Burlington who took the lead with a shot from distance of their own giving keeper Nat Drayton no chance.

Five minutes later Drayton looked to have pulled off an excellent save tipping the ball onto the bar, only for the striker to tap home to give the visitors what looked like all three points with just 10 minutes remaining.

Cayton started to pick up the tempo, Roberts-Lightowler took on his man only to be brought down in the box, Josh Lever smashing home the penalty to give the home team a glimmer of hope with five minutes left to play.

Chances came and went for Cayton until deep into stoppage time, when Connor Sewell let rip with a 30-yard half-volley which just dipped under the bar at the last minute to cap a fine display and earn the sky blues a valuable point.