Vidler at the treble as Boro Under-15s see off Hull

Boro Under-15s
Boro Under-15s

Scarborough Athletic Under-15s visited Hull United Whites in their Hull Boys Sunday Football League encounter and came home with the three points after a great team performance.

Straight from the kick-off Athletic were on the front foot and two minutes in a Zam Deans pass found Nathan Vidler, whose accurate finish into the bottom corner gave the keeper no chance.

On six minutes a Kane Randerson-Wray cross-cum-shot confused the keeper, who misjudged the bounce and allowed the ball to bounce over him for 2-0.

Athletic were rampant and a pinpoint delivery by Randerson Wray from the corner found the head of George Walmsley, whose effort grazed the crossbar.

Hull United were a threat going forward and in one such attack they were unlucky to see a goalbound effort strike the top of the bar.

Harry Coldbeck, who along with Jake Standing was dealing comfortably with the threat from the home team’s front line, got a key block in when the home team’s striker was through on goal.

Chances were now flowing for Athletic and Brad Smith went close with another effort from close-range, the home keeper making a brilliant save to palm the ball away to safety.

But Athletic got the third goal that their play deserved on 26 minutes when Deans, who was having another good match, cut in from the left and fired a low shot past the keeper, the Hull defender only able to bundle it over the line in his attempt to clear it.

Athletic weren’t done yet and as half-time approached, a Deans corner was only cleared to the edge of the box and Jaydan Hindle put in his bid for the goal of the season award when he volleyed in superbly from the edge of the box.

Hindle tested the keeper with another great strike moments later, the keeper pushing this effort round the post.

Although the home team started the second half well, it was Athletic who went 5-0 ahead when Vidler robbed a dithering defender of the ball and curled one into the top corner from just inside the box.

Almost immediately Hull United pulled one back with a smart finish from a through-ball.

A minute later Vidler completed his hat-trick with a tap-in from a Dan Simpson cross to make it 6-1.

Simpson went very close himself after beating a couple of players and shooting narrowly wide with the keeper beaten.

Next to try his luck for Athletic was Harry Coldbeck, whose lob went narrowly over the bar.

Fin Marsh, deputising in goal for Athletic, had to rush out and make one brave stop going to ground at the feet of the home striker.

His bravery cost him some stud marks on the hip after a hefty challenge.

With 10 minutes remainin on the clock, Hindle got his second, finishing neatly after a good team move involving several Athletic players to make it 7-1 to Boro.

The home team added a couple of late goals but this couldn’t take anything away from a cracking performance by the Athletic lads, the final score 7-3 to the Scarborough Athletic youngsters.